We’re grateful to age! Getting older is a luxury and every day in this crazy world is a blessing. But it doesn’t mean we have to accept the fine lines and sagging skin staring back at us in the mirror. Lackluster skin tone and loose skin are dead giveaways that our skin is aging. With the natural process of getting older, loss of plumpness and elasticity can make an unwanted difference in our appearance. That’s where Face skin tightening tips come in- to put the pep back into your skin for keeping it taut and firm.
Although we cannot reverse the process of skin sagging, it can definitely be delayed or reduced. Before we get into how to tighten skin on face with home remedies, let’s have a look at why our skin becomes saggy and loose its elasticity in the first place. Scroll down!
Why Our Skin Become Loose and Saggy?
Loose skin is one of the very first signs of aging and is prominently seen on the face. After face, the skin starts to sag from neck, cheeks, nose, arms, chin, and other places on your body, including stomach. The main causes are as follows:
- The collagen synthesis becomes slower in the skin with the growing age, making the skin to lose its elasticity.
- Pregnancy and weight loss can also result in sagging skin.
- Yawning, smiling, frowning, laughing, and some other facial expressions crease the skin in the long run.
- Too much exposure to sunlight can damage the elastin and collagen in the skin, causing them to unravel and saggy.
- With age, the connective tissue that supports several bones and cartilages in the skin weakens.
- Air pollution and cigarette smoke are a few other factors which can accelerate the process of sagging skin and wrinkle formation.
How Does Sagging Impact Different Areas of the Body and Skin?
When skin loses this elasticity, it begins to sag and it can be anywhere on the body. Some of the most common areas include:
A. THE FACE
As we age, our skin starts losing its intrinsic components which make it appear hydrated, youthful, tight and toned, and starts showing the wear and tear. Skin begins to decline the amount of hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen, and the production of essential oils also reduced, which lead to drier, thinner skin. External ‘environmental’ factors like damaging UV rays can also result in tough and bumpy skin, age spots or pigmentation changes.
If you are also dealing with the same and wondering how to make face skin tight and glowing, don’t worry, there are some amazing face tightening mask home remedies and non-surgical skin contouring solutions which can help you attain youthful-looking, a more lifted skin without going under the knife.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera can smooth out fine lines and tightens the skin by naturally promoting the production of collagen-an amazing protein that improves the skin elasticity. As we age, the body produces less collagen. Aloe vera contains malic acid and does wonders -to tighten skin, treat sunburn, and is a natural moisturiser too.
How To Use Aloe Vera for Skin Tightening?
Using aloe vera can greatly help your loose skin and rejuvenate it. You just have to take an aloe vera leaf, cut it and extract the gel out of it. You can directly apply the gel to the skin and leave on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. For best results, follow this process twice a week.
2. Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth)
Benefits of this element are abundant among which are skin elasticity and blood circulation. It tones the face and maintains a glowing and clear skin.
How to use Multani Mitti for Skin Tightening?
Mix one spoon of multani mitti in rose water (or cold water) and make smooth fine paste. You can add honey for better results. Apply the mixture on the face and let dry. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
3. Egg White And Honey
Known to include astringent properties, egg whites can show amazing results to treat saggy skin. Honey, on the other hand, is a great antioxidant and has anti-aging properties that hydrates skin and maintains its elasticity.
How to Make Egg and Hone Face Mask for Skin Tightening?
Mix the honey and egg white well. Apply the mixture on the neck and face. Leave it for at least 30 minutes and then wash it off using cold water. You can use this mask twice a week for better results.
4. Banana Mask
Bananas are rich in natural oils, vitamins, and potassium. They can help to reduce the appearance of pores, wrinkles, spots and prevent the skin to sag.
How to Make Banana Mask?
Mash half of a ripe banana and make it a smooth paste. Apply this paste and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
5. Oil massage
Oil massage will not just firm the skin but will also make it clearer, younger and smoother. You can use any essential oil for massaging which has anti-aging benefits. Some of the best oils for skin tightening are:
- Almond Oil for Skin Tightening
- Rosemary Oil for Skin Tightening
- Avocado Oil for Skin Tightening
- Coconut Oil for Skin Tightening
- Mustard Oil for Skin Tightening
- Vitamin E Oil for Skin Tightening
- Primrose Oil for Skin Tightening
- Argan Oil for Skin Tightening
B. THE EYES
While our eyes can be the window to our souls, one can easily get a sneak peek into how we’re aging. The area under the eyes is a home to the thinnest skin on our body, making it susceptible to concerns such as crow’s-feet, puffiness, wrinkles, under-eye bags, darkness, hooding, and so on.
There is a myriad of ways to temporarily improve eye concerns that might bother us. Here are some of the easiest and effective home remedies for skin tightening around eyes to address the most common issues and get brighter, younger-looking, rejuvenated eyes in a flash.
- Cucumber for Skin Tightening
There’s a reason why cucumber slice and facemask combinations are so ubiquitous in the ads and movies! Simply applying cucumbers (leave the slices in the freezer for about 15 minutes) will reduce redness and inflammation as it includes refreshing properties that will make eyes feel rejuvenated.
2. Egg Whites for Skin Tightening
If you’re seeing bags and puffiness underneath your eyes, you can apply a homemade eye mask with egg whites. Just separate 1 egg and whisk it up into a frothy consistency. Using a soft brush, apply the paste and leave on for 20 minutes before washing off.
3. Green Tea for Skin Tightening
Green tea is rich in bioflavonoids and antioxidants that diminish inflammation and redness. It helps fighting any bacteria on the skin, making this remedy effective if any slight irritation or infection. Simply leave a moist and cold tea bag on each eye for 10 minutes to see effective results.
4. Rosewater for Skin Tightening
Rosewater is a powerful home remedy to treat inflamed eye area skin. Cleansing the area around the eyes using rosewater everyday that can grab you great results. Alternatively, applying cold rosewater to a cotton pad and placing it to the area for 5-10 minutes can deeply hydrate the skin, leaving it supple and soft.
5. Potato for Skin Tightening
Yes, you read that right! Slice a potato and apply to the eyelids for 15 minutes. This remedy will work wonder if you are suffering from dark circles under the eyes.
6. Honey for Skin Tightening
Apply a thin layer of honey to the area around the eyes for about 15 minutes to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Wash it off with cold water. Honey acts as a gentle cleanser due to its antibacterial properties!
C. THE NECK
While we all want the long, soft, smooth neck like a swan, aging can make us feel like more of a farm turkey. The skin of neck does not grab as much attention as the facial skin. However, it is one of the thinnest skins on the body and tends to lose its elasticity, sending out the glaring signs of aging. So, what are the natural ways to tighten the neck skin? If you want to naturally tighten the skin of your neck, exercising and DIY remedies can be a great help. Here are some of the best
1. Facial Yoga: It involves stretching the area to stimulate the neck and facial muscles. Doing facial yoga for at least 15 minutes every day can help tightening the skin to offer youthful appearance. This can increase the blood circulation and prevent the muscles from sagging.
2. Neck stretches: It involve looking up at the ceiling and then turning the neck to left and right slowly. Performing this exercise can firm the skin and tone the neck muscles.
3. Almond Oil Massage: Almonds are loaded with vitamin E and can also help reduce the formation of wrinkles. Apply the almond oil to the neck and massage regularly.
4. Lifestyle Changes: It is always easy to prevent the skin from sagging than treating it. Moisturizing the neck skin with a good lotion, following a healthy diet filled with vitamins and antioxidants, limiting direct sun exposure, drinking good amount of water, and getting quality sleep can help prevent the skin to sag and other signs of aging.
D. THE STOMACH
The skin on the stomach can sag due to a number of reasons. Sudden weight loss, childbirth, and aging are natural, common causes of loose stomach skin. Luckily, there are some effective skin tightening home remedies for stomach which can help you firm and tighten the loose skin on tummy and everywhere else too.
- Coconut oil for Skin Tightening
Coconut oil has incredible skin tightening features. Before going to sleep, what you need to do is just massage your skin gently with coconut oil regularly. Simply heat one spoon of coconut oil and massage the belly area in circular motions. You’ll start noticing the results within a few weeks.
2. Coffee Scrub for Skin Tightening
Coffee is loaded with antioxidants. Coffee scrub can exfoliate the skin and tightens it as well. For coffee scrub, take one tablespoon of brown sugar, coffee grounds, and half spoon of cinnamon powder. Mix all the ingredients with 2 spoons of coconut oil. Apply the scrub on the belly and scrub in circular motion. Use this scrub every week for best results.
3. Epsom Salt for Skin Tightening
Epsom salt improves circulation and firms the skin. Take 3-4 cups of Epsom salt and add it to the warm water bath. You just need to soak your body in it for 15 minutes. This salt bath will help to firm the sagging skin of the body.
4. Sea Salt Scrub for Skin Tightening
Sea salt works as a great exfoliator and includes essential nutrients which hydrate the skin and make it firm. For this scrub, mix sea salt with vitamin E oil. Apply the mixture on your stomach skin and massage it gently. Rinse it off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
With all these easy home remedies and tips, you need not to resort to expensive and painful cosmetic ways for dealing with saggy, loose skin! Just look around your kitchen and grab all the natural ways to maintain supple soft skin!